background

Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm Thankful for...The Shabby Tea Room Challenge!

Sometimes I forget to thank God for all the things that make me happy, for the things that make me stronger, for the things that make me who I am...sometimes I forget to take a moment to look at the sky and enjoy the beautiful blue and white skies...sometimes I forget to thank God for my family, my friends, my work, my parents, for what I have and for the things I'm working for...but today I remembered to look up, I remembered to give thanks, to tell my children how much I love them, I was on time for work...

Today, is the day to Thank God!

This week's challenge at The Shabby Tea room is to create a card or project based on this delicious picture.


I altered a metal birdhouse I found at Michael's dollar bin.


I made the rosettes using Bazzil cardstock, Tattered Angels glimmer mist, Tim Holtz Tattered die cut and distressing inks. I also used the technique I'm going to share...I found this video on you tube and I will share it with you so you can learn how to make this beautiful roses. The process is time consuming but the end result is spectacular.


 I took this technique a little bit further and used the same technique for the leaves. I also inked the flower petals with Tim Holtz ink and sprayed T.A glimmer mist. I hung a canvas bird inside the birdhouse with fishing string to give it some movement. Enjoy the video that was created by Janna.

4 comments:

Karien said...

This is super cute and so adorable...love to have one of those bird cages! Karien (South Africa)

Debbie said...

Leslie ... this shabby birdcage you designed is simply LOVELY! What a treasured keepsake this will be -- those TH flowers are BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you for sharing your creation with us all in the Tea Room this week :)

Sara P said...

That is just beautiful!

Clare said...

gorgeous, love those flowers! thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

my mom's crafts counter